Monday, March 29, 2010

Tidbits | Xenotees

Xenotees wearable art has a bold and modern graphic style which I love.
My personal favorites: the XX chromosomes and the giant saw blade!
I wanted to know a bit more about the artist,
so I asked her a few questions, little snippets and tidbits.

Meet Noëlle B. the artist and designer of Xenotees:
  
If you had to choose another profession, what would you do? 
Painter 

If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be?
That’s a tough one. Probably Wonder Woman.

What book are you currently reading? 

Do you listen to music while you work? Who is on your playlist now? 
When I’m not listening to NPR, anything from 
Simon and Garfunkel to Gary Numan to Judas Priest. 
I listen to a really wide range of music! 

Who is your favorite fashion designer? 
Oh, I don’t even know!  

If you could choose any artist in the world, 
who would you choose to paint, sculpt, photograph your portrait? 
Camille Claudel 

You can find Noëlle's work here:  
Official Shop:  www.xenotees.com 
Supermarket:  www.supermarkethq.com

11 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

She's still pretty mysterious, but thanks for the tidbits! I love her big fork...been coveting that for a long time...

holly aka golly said...

Noëlle, thank you for sharing a bit about yourself with world! I'm intrigued by the Patti Smith book - I really don't know much about Mapplethorpe - except the most sensational parts of his career. Such an exquisite photographer. Looks like a great read.

Specter said...

Love those tee-shirts, my wife bought me the saw blade, hope to get more someday!

holly aka golly said...

Dawn, Specter, I just love everything she makes! Can't wait to order more. Have a lovely evening!

Juliette Crane said...

super fun info. thanks for sharing! i love learning about new artists and your blog is so inspiring! best wishes! juliette

holly aka golly said...

Thank you Juliette! Happy you stopped by!

Marchi Wierson said...

camille claudel. I love that choice!!

holly aka golly said...

Me too!

Kendra Zvonik said...

Thanks for this Golly Bard-style glimpse into this wonderful woman!
Noelle is so cool :)

holly aka golly said...

She's the coolest!

Laura said...

such really terrific work.. thanks for sharing.